Friday, September 4, 2009

Fall is here! well actually not officially but there are signs all around that summer is slipping away and I am conflicted about it's departure! Much like the new "empty nest" season that I find myself in. There is much joy in watching the emerging of ones children into the world of adulthood and independence but a sort of grieving for what will never be again.I can only hope that I will be surrounded with the laughter and giggles and [whines ]of grandchildren someday as I so enjoy the company of little people! But for now, this season is calling me to something new, something I am not yet sure of. Each new day brings a different sort of anticipation that I have not experienced before and I begin with what I know for sure!
I am a child of the King and it makes my heart want to sing!!!

2 comments:

  1. Seasons in life are wonderful. When things seem discouraging, I always remember "This too shall pass". It teaches me to savor the good and tolerate the rest. I think we get very stuck when we think things will last forever. God's love only! Even marriages and families go through changes. We cannot know that we "own" anyone forever. Tomorrow belongs to the Lord. Today is His gift. Have a good time in this season, Holly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Begin with what you know for sure... you are a much endeared woman of God with gifts beyond what you know. I enjoy learning from you... thank you for your perspective. I look forward to learning more from you (and about you) as I follow your blog. - Lori

    ReplyDelete